Initial Base Layout

soapmode

Could we get the option to decide the layout of the first base? I always went for quite a specific layout in X-COM, with potential alien entry points clustered together near the top of the map, to aid base defense missions later in the game. Also I'm kinda fussy and never liked the inverted Y layout...

I Agree, Or could we At least select the Spot for the Command Center? I used to use that same strategy to keep all accessable areas on one part of the map, so I could defend one area agains invasion instead of 3 entrances. Or maybe allow us to "Build for Free" the first base, allowing us to place all the buildings in the spots we want, or is it more of "you inherited this base from another military entity that was easliy overran and thats why you need to defend 6 entry points now"

I would like to at least be able to place the access lift, er um Command center in the center, one row higher, so the hangers and vehicle bays can go on the top two rows all the way across. I see now I will need more than 2 interceptors per base... so...

Thansk for reading,.