Suppressed Soldiers Bug?

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

I've been playing V21 stable on normal difficulty and recently I've noticed that my own gunfire is suppressing my own guys who are nowhere near the path of bullets or point of impact.

For example, I'll give two separate occasions that I can remember off the top of my head (both of them were inside an alien ship, though I've experienced them elsewhere too so I don't think that's part of the problem.

1). I was firing my Heavy Machinegun at an alien 5 tiles in front of my machinegunner. I cut the alien down in a hale of gunfire, but, one of my squad who was 1 tile back (opposite direction of fire) and 2 tiles to the right of my machinegunner is suppressed... What? Overly nervous I guess, even though he was a hardened battle vet...

2). I was firing my Standard Sniper Rifle (can't remember what they're called in-game ATM) at an alien close to a transport tile in the bottom level of a ship. I was about 6 or 7 tiles at a diagonal to the alien. I missed both shots, but my machinegunner who was 4 tiles away from the alien and about 4 tiles removed from the line of fire becomes suppressed. Ricochet maybe? Don't know, but I do know that for some reason my men are being suppressed when they should not be and it's a little game breaking to me since things like that can make a good situation go bad and a bad situation go deadly for my squad.

Hope this can be addressed.

Suppression is not related to the bullets you fire.

It is an area effect centred on the point you aim.

It doesn't matter where your bullets go, it only matters where you click to aim.

Without screenshots or a save I can't really tell how those examples compare to expected behaviour but the machine gun has a suppression radius of 3 and the precision rifle has a suppression radius of 1 in the current experimental build.

Which version are you playing?

Nobody outside of that radius in every direction should be suppresses by those weapons.

I think the person firing the shot is supposed to be immune to its suppression but not certain on that.