[V21 Stable Steam] Bugs and notes after some days of playing

I was playing for about 30 hours and here are some notes and noticed bugs.

It should be possible to read briefing screen for tactical missions when mission is loading.

And loading is too long for year 2014.

It's not cool (and wasn't cool in original UFO game) to wait wait wait looking at the "hidden movements" picture.

I've hired scientists but got "items arrived" message. People are not items.

Russian name 'Matej' is wrong, 'Matvey' is ok

Right terror ground mission is won - terror warning still appears number of times.

Upper quickslot (grenades) is broken

Curse of X-Com 1 and 2 - if only alien remains on huge base/terror site you can spend dozens of turns to find him

I've seen alien base with area hidden behind only closed door. Had to blow up that door. Is that ok?

It's possible to spend medkit and TUs but not heal above 50% of health.

Open new project. "Commence" button is not available, as there are no free scientists. Lower amount of scientists for current project. Button will not appear before you reselect the project.

Disengage button has to set time to 5 sec, as there could be other targets nearby. Also many interceptor dialog would profit from "new target" and "center time=5s" buttons.

Engineers should be auto assigned to next pending project if current project is complete and they are idle.

Dying civilians scream like aliens

Base defences get auto-upgraded after newer type gets researched. But when UFO attacks the base - old defenses are reflected. Also, it is possible to build outdated type of base defence.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

A lot of these mentions don't belong in the bug forum.

The Devs are currently working hard to polish the game as much as possible so they set up an extra forum for these things.

Please repost your mentions in the following Threads:

For issues concerning Animation and Rendering:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9311-Animation-Issues-V21-Stable

For issues concerning missing or faulty Strings and Texts:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9309-Strings-V21-Stable

For issues concerning Tiles or Terrain:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9313-Tile-Terrain-Issues-V21-Stable

For issues concerning the ingame xenopedia:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9312-Xenopedia-Issues-V21-Stable

For general issues concerning none of the above:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9314-General-Issues-V21-Stable

The bugs forum is currently mostly for stuff that seems like it's not working as intendet, like freezes, crashes etc.

Since your new i am going to go through each of your issues explaining them.

It should be possible to read briefing screen for tactical missions when mission is loading.

- general issues

And loading is too long for year 2014.

They are aware of this. It's a bug happening in fullscreen. It's faster in window mode and they try to find out what's causing this.

It's not cool (and wasn't cool in original UFO game) to wait wait wait looking at the "hidden movements" picture.

I am not sure there is anything that can be done about this, but this would belong in general issues.

I've hired scientists but got "items arrived" message. People are not items.

This would be general issues, but they are allready aware of this.

Russian name 'Matej' is wrong, 'Matvey' is ok

Very helpfull, would belong in String/Text issues.

Right terror ground mission is won - terror warning still appears number of times.

This would be a bug.

Upper quickslot (grenades) is broken

Also a bug, but needs more information. How is it broken exactly?

Curse of X-Com 1 and 2 - if only alien remains on huge base/terror site you can spend dozens of turns to find him

- general issues

I've seen alien base with area hidden behind only closed door. Had to blow up that door. Is that ok?

Yes i think it's intended this way.

It's possible to spend medkit and TUs but not heal above 50% of health.

Also intended. Soldiers can only get half of the health back, that they lost, while being in a mission. The grey bar means how much more health you can heal.

Open new project. "Commence" button is not available, as there are no free scientists. Lower amount of scientists for current project. Button will not appear before you reselect the project.

Would be general issues, but i am not sure how fixable it is.

Disengage button has to set time to 5 sec, as there could be other targets nearby. Also many interceptor dialog would profit from "new target" and "center time=5s" buttons.

- general issues

Engineers should be auto assigned to next pending project if current project is complete and they are idle.

good suggestion. Would be general issues.

Dying civilians scream like aliens

General issues or bugs.

Base defences get auto-upgraded after newer type gets researched. But when UFO attacks the base - old defenses are reflected. Also, it is possible to build outdated type of base defence.

Bugs.