Overcome with dredd: makes no sense and detracts from gameplay

This game has promise but it seems its a case of two steps forward and one back. Case in question the obsessive compulsive "overcome with dread". This keeps happening again and again and again. Occasionally fair enough but every turn, seriously!

I do not know how others feel but for me this is simply annoying and slows gameplay down to a crawl. Its frequency is absurd and it means in some cases missions become virtually impossible as movement points are robbed to the extent that you simply cannot use effective weapons such as grenades and rocket launchers. Personally I'm considering uninstalling this title it as its become an exercise in futility.

Can I ask that you consider adding an "optional setting feature". If die hard fans want to turn this setting on fair enough but for those who think its just aggravating and detracts from gameplay can either remove it or tone it down. I know civilisation which this game reminds me of has this feature and it allows players to adjust variables based on their skill level and the time they have to play.

Thanks.

I really hope all these psi complaints are being addressed because as people reach that point in the game the complaints (from me too, and just about everyone at this point are dissatisfied in some way with the psi system) are going to keep rolling in.

The psi abilities are a fairly recent addition and have not yet had the balance passes that other features have.

I would expect the next few experimental builds to have tweaks and adjustments to bring them into line.

Keep an eye on the patch notes and keep giving feedback on the parts you like or dislike.

It all helps to shape the game.

I'd just like to state my agreement. I'm not a fan of the Dread mechanic in general, as it:

1. punishes the player without the player actually making a mistake

2. is AFAIK impossible to defend against - i.e. there are no steps the player can take to prevent it

So in essence it's just a TU penalty that gets applied in missions where there are psi-capable enemies - which I could deal with were it not for the incredibly annoying "Soldier X is overcome with dread" messages for each and every one of my 10+ soldiers every single turn. I wouldn't lose any sleep if this mechanic was removed altogether - but if not, then there's got to be a way to consolidate these notifications.