[21.5] Large TU gain after GC

EDIT AGAIN: So, I've had soldiers who have gained more TUs (and indeed other stats) after a mission than they should be able to (i.e. more than 1).

I noticed that this seems to happen after a soldier's first mission/first promotion (not sure which, if they can even be separate), which I assume is intentional.

However, it also seems to happen randomly with other soldiers too. I've not been able to work out a pattern for this (sometimes it happens when they increase in rank, sometimes not. Could be linked to number of missions or kills or something, but I haven't been tracking those closely).

It might be that everything is working as intended, but I can't tell so am reporting it just in case.

Edited by kabill

i understood it there are cases where your soldiers can gain more then 1 point at a time. it is as i understand capped at 2 points in a stat

*disclaimer you might be talking about gaining more then just +2 or my info is out of date if so feel free to ignore me*

"Your soldiers can only increase either +1 or +2 in any stat per mission, so the difference is only ever going to be marginal tbh."

that is copy pasted from Chris page 2 from that thread

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/8649-New-Mission-End-Screen-%28feedback-opinions-welcome%29%21/page2?highlight=stats

i understood it there are cases where your soldiers can gain more then 1 point at a time. it is as i understand capped at 2 points in a stat

*disclaimer you might be talking about gaining more then just +2 or my info is out of date if so feel free to ignore me*

"Your soldiers can only increase either +1 or +2 in any stat per mission, so the difference is only ever going to be marginal tbh."

that is copy pasted from Chris page 2 from that thread

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/8649-New-Mission-End-Screen-%28feedback-opinions-welcome%29%21/page2?highlight=stats

By my reading of gameconfig.xml, it should only be possible for stats to increase by +1 per mission (since the number of 'experience points' that can be earned per mission for a stat is capped at the number needed to gain +1). It's possible that some of these values are higher (can't check now), but TUs (which was the first one I noticed) are definately capped at no more than +1 in gameconfig.xml.

For clarity, then (since my above post actually isn't clear), what I'm getting is two different things:

1) When Private rank soldiers complete their first mission/are promoted to Corporal (not sure which) they get a big buff to stats usually between +2 and +4 (e.g. I had one mission with a load of Pvt. rank soldiers who all gained +3 to most stats after the end of the mission). I'm assuming, since this seems to be constant, that this is intentional. I note, however, that they only seem to gain stats which they would have gained anyway: for example, I've never seen lots of Bravery gained in this manner, but then soldiers seldom panic to gain points towards raising Bravery.

2) Occassionally, soldiers will gain a large boost to TUs (I've definately seen a +4 in one mission; I might have seen +6 but can't quite remember and that may have been a Pvt. -> Cpl. level-up anyway). I'm not sure whether I've seen this happen with other stats, so it might be limited only to TUs. I've not spotted any obvious pattern to this (i.e. it doesn't seem to be attached to a particular rank or anything else which is easy to notice). It also seems like this is capable of breaking the stat-cap: at the moment, I have a soldier with 81 TUs which should be impossible in 21.5, since TUs are capped at 79/80 (not sure exactly what the cap is, but I'm pretty sure 81 TUs is over it). This might be an unrelated issue, however.