[21e3] Freeze when loading ground save in ground combat

Loading a save that is a ground combat mission will fail about half the times. It seems to be a corruption of the save game since the saves in question that fails just wont load again, while other saves will load fine every time. I have an example save that can't load, but I am not sure which one of two files it actually is since the in-game save file is not shown in the file name. However the in-game file name is 'cantthrow'. I can provide the save game files if necessary.

I am using the latest experimental build through Steam, V21 3. Should I include the build version "[21e3]" in the subject field when posting a bug like everyone else is doing?

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this a lot recently as well. Do you need any more save files? The truly weird thing is that I've had files go from non-crashing to always-crashing when using the following approach:

1) Auto-save or manually save upon entering a ground mission (specifically, Alien Base).

2) Game crashes or quit manually.

3) Restart game.

4) Load auto-save or manual save (from step #1)

5) Resume playing.

6) Lose a soldier, do something stupid, etc. and try to re-load the same save game from within ground combat.

7) Game freezes permanently. I've waited 2, 3x longer than the original load time on several occasions.

8) Kill the game via task manager

9) Restart and try to load the same save game directly; game freezes as per #7.

I've seen this in 21Ev4.