[v20.5] Neverending ground combat

Happend to me twice now and both times i forgot to make a save.. will try to reproduce as soon as i have time.

What happend is this:

I throw a grenade at the last alien and kill him afterwards with the rocket launcher. Now instead of the ending screen popping up there's an alien turn again. Could be that there need to be civilians alive because both times i remember civilians running around.

And yes i'm sure it was the last alien because it was a fairly small map and i combed it very thoroughly afterwards with my nauts.

If you could get a saved game we could probably figure out what the problem was immediately. Do you remember if you were on a particular map or tileset? Which UFO were you assaulting? Was it crashed or landed?

Keep in mind you can also end the ground combat phase by clearing the UFO of aliens then keeping soldiers inside it for a few turns (not an excuse, just a work around until we fix it).

ufo was a small scout and crashed both times, tileset was desert/arabic city the first time and arctic the second. I think I had a guy bleeding to death the round before in both battles too and ironman mode ( which might not be the smartest mode to play in an experimental release... ) As I said i will try to reproduce but i didn't find the time yet.