[v20e4] Systematic Freezes in Geoscape and Battlescape Deployment Phase

O.K., this is a bit annoying... my game has started to have a really nasty habit of systematically freezing up in Geoscape. As far as I can see, this happens when UFOs are about to spawn. I managed to work around this problem by making a copy of the problematic save and loading that instead.

If I load the copy of the save, the UFOs spawn as normal and I am able to proceed.

I am thinking this *may* be related to another issue that I have, with base combat freezing up when I end turn on deployment phase. I always have to close Xenonauts and load the autosave at the start of the turn. I.e. there may be a pattern where I do a base mission, then fast forward to the next UFO invasion and the game freezes up.

I will try debugging this further once I have the time, but meanwhile it'd be helpful to hear if anyone else has had the same issue (and if there is a way around it...)

Thanks, this does sound like an odd one - anybody else experiencing it?

I get to May 4 at 12:57 and the game totally freezes in the GeoScape. I've tried reloading and rebooting and different actions in the one day between the save date and May 4 at 12:57... happens every time. I think the game is about to spawn a new wave of UFOs. Windows reports the game is "not responding".

Haven't tried renaming the save game file and loading that.

I get to May 4 at 12:57 and the game totally freezes in the GeoScape. I've tried reloading and rebooting and different actions in the one day between the save date and May 4 at 12:57... happens every time. I think the game is about to spawn a new wave of UFOs. Windows reports the game is "not responding".

Haven't tried renaming the save game file and loading that.

could you upload the savefile to some filehosting site so the devs can have a look at it? I'm guessing that would be helpful to them.

My game freezes on January 5th 1980 consistently.

I have even gone back to much earlier game and played up to that point and it still freezes on that date.

Couple things i have noticed is that after it freezes it holds the CPU consistently at 13%. In the game Northern Africa and Russia just turned red.

Those are the only consistencies I have found.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36526875/2013-11-26_21.12.48.sav

Edited by keyofc