[8.9 Ground Combat - Reserve APs Still not working]

This bug has remained unresolved in numerous iterations of the game. If I set a reserve on a soldier or Hunter it should stay like that throughout the ground combat. The indicator stays (most of the time) though the only way I can actually ensure that soldier X actually behaves in accordance with the reserve time units is to click on no reserve then re-select snap/auto reserve each and every round. Again, it's a really annoying bug that should have been incredibly simple to solve - set soldier reserve state on click during first round, soldier reserve state remains the same throughout all of the ground combat unless a new event updates the state. Before soldier/unit move, check reserve state and implement that into the route selection. I'm not even a programmer, but I know PHP and the whole process of user input, check, process and system output is not hard. This bug should have been sorted a while back.

I don't mean to complain, and in fact love the game and would happily contribute more to see it finished, but when an obvious bug goes ignored for several updates, it does get really annoying.

I'm not really sure about if it's a bug or not. If you remember back to X-com EU you had to change the reserve shooting options at the beginning of each turn. That was applied to you soldiers globally tough. I report it and we will see what is going to happen :).

Thanks for the report.

I must admit I don't even use reserves, since the enemy doesn't have any AI to speak of, but it certainly would make more sense to apply a reserve for the duration of the ground combat (that the player can turn off at any time, of course), rather than force the player to jump through hoops to get a desired effect.

Just because the originals did something in a certain way, it doesn't mean they did it the right way :P