[V19 Stable - Base Defense] Door Stuck

Ok, so a small context first. I get a terror attack, and I quickly respond to it, and unfortunately It's at night, so you can imagine the outcome. I do manage to kill 3 aliens and have to bail, losing 5 of my soldiers... I then go back to my base and just fast forward a bit to wait more soldiers to get and heal a bit the shameful survivors, when all off a sudden I get a attack on my base (first time this happens, by the way). So here first a small suggestion, it should be given the players the option to equip the soldiers before the base defense. I have to missile batteries that do hit the ship that is attacking but the health from the ship does not change.

So the base defense starts, and I have 4 soldiers, 2 of those absolutely stripped of anything but a regular rifle. I just stay at the control room, trying to protect it, and facing a zerg swarm (no, really, I probably have killed something like 15 aliens already..) and still have 2 remaining soldiers.

BUG> So, all of a sudden the door closes on the alien turn (I imagined the aliens had closed it..) and I am kind of relieved since I was out of ammo and almost dead. I heal and get more ammo, and wait a couple turns, and since they don't get in I try to open the door, but it's simply stuck. I have already tried reloading, quitting the game and opening again, but the door is impossible to open, if I can't even try to move my soldiers out of the room (the path thing doesn't extend past the door..)

If need be I can attach a file save...

Rotten luck there! It's good save games work, most of the time ;)

I believe this door issue is a known bug, might happen if the door has been damaged in battle. Also, I know the door won't be opened if the tiles on the other side are occupied.

I second your suggestion of bringing up soldier equipment screen when a base defence mission starts. I think that happened in the original.