[v19 Latest test build] Base defense, invisible, unfindable alien?

Yesterday I had the first base defnce mission of that playthrough tigger. The fight was intense and exciting, right up until the end, where the mission turned into a ridiculous scavenger hunt for the final alien, who was nowhere to be found. I have searched every crevice, every nook and cranny of that base, and the final alien is not to be found. During his turn I can hear his footsteps, but I am 100% certain that I have checked every single corner, every closet, every hideout possible and the damn guy isn't anywhere.

Is this a known issue with base defence missions?

I haven't done a base defense yet, but I have had a similar bug 3-4 times. It usually happens on terror missions after I load a save file, but sometimes certain aliens (discs and reapers, the secondary species) will disappear. The alien is still there, and my soldiers can see him, but all I can see is a slight shadow wherever he is standing. I can target and kill normally, and they always reappear when they die.

Not sure if this is the same problem you're having, because if you checked the whole base at least one of your soldiers should have seen it (the alien in sight icon still appears normally on the right side of screen).

Something to consider though.

you might have the same bug as me. http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/7648-V19-Stable-hotfix-Missing-room-in-base-attacked-by-alien-Game-s-stuck

But maybe one of those purple gate for the alien are hidden deeper than for me.

It is definately the same bug as you. The access tunnel must have spawned so deep in the black I have no way of finding it.