[V19 Stable Hotfix - Base Inventory] Assault Shields Missing From Inventory

After researching the necessary technology to upgrade Combat Shields to Assault Shields, neither shield are available from the Base Inventory; Already existing shields in Xenonaut personal inventories are properly replaced as expected.

[FIX]

I did some sleuthing around in the various game files to see if I could identify a cause and found that weapon.assaultshield in items.xml is mislabeled under the "Type" header as a single use item rather than an unlimited resource such as the regular Combat Shield, preventing it from populating the inventory list properly. Setting this to "Unlimited" has restored normal, expected behavior for the item.

Assault Shields aren't auto-upgrade for Combat Shield nowdays - they must be produced at workshop first. Afaik, they cost nothing and got very short production time (under one hour).

I got a new concern regarding assault shield: when equipping them, they have 0/120 durability, while combat shields got 120/120. Gonna combat-test them...

EDIT: as I have feared, the shield is marked as broken incombat. Changing the Type from Normal to Unlimited seems to fix it's durability. Guess it's same solution to two problems.

Edited by DreXav

Assault Shields aren't auto-upgrade for Combat Shield nowdays - they must be produced at workshop first. Afaik, they cost nothing and got very short production time (under one hour).

This was my first guess, but neither before or after making the change were Assault shields part of my manufacturing list either; that, and wouldn't the Assault shields still be visible in the inventory, but just with a 0 availability rather than gone at all? All the other Xenonaut equipment that must be built remains in the list even if there aren't any made and ready to use.

That, and if they are intended to be a produced good rather than an infinite upgrade, why deprive the player of the old, infinite shields? Perhaps this was an only half-implemented change, leaving the item in a limbo state where it doesn't work in either new or old format.

[FIX]

I did some sleuthing around in the various game files to see if I could identify a cause and found that weapon.assaultshield in items.xml is mislabeled under the "Type" header as a single use item rather than an unlimited resource such as the regular Combat Shield, preventing it from populating the inventory list properly. Setting this to "Unlimited" has restored normal, expected behavior for the item.

Kudos Big Z, fix worked perfectly!