[19sv3] ground combat - Alien escaping ???

Mordobb

So here i go on the field, train station with power grid north, containers near heli point.

Aliens are dancing their fleeing dance. And while a group is taking potshot at them i decide to bring my assault team to the UFO for kicks.

An alien spawned in the middle of the power grid (middle of object) (taking a dump) ? Quickly eliminated as he can t move.

I take the UFO while my snipers are still shooting at the red ducks who run there and run back here and a rifle men give the leads.

After taking the UFO, and some aliens, the fifth turn come in and work ! I m impressed, truly, its a cool feature that works.

What i wasn t so impressed was the -2 because one of the survivor hid into the train station.

-2 for an "escaped alien", Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !?

Doesn t seem fair to the player. please change that.

I agree that aliens should escape the cenĂ¡rio, but make it otherwise, i don t know, like after X turn they can escape to a specific zone and then are considered mavericks....

Ok, i understand that.

But i could have very killed that alien, he was surrounded.

It would be fairer for both side that after the 5th round end any surviving alien that reach a border would get the escaped status.

If you want to reach a UFO take a map with a lot of clutter.

divide your team in 2 so both group can go defensive/ ofensive, (the AI is lured by small groups) or free your assault team.

While you entertain alien with bait group run around the aliens and invade UFO.

Its risky but it works.

Aliens go defensive when your group is cohese (group i mean 8 soldiers moving in relatively close formation) and run back until cornered, picking on civilian in theyr way, they prefer to pick civies than fight you back.

if you divide AI will try to pick a group.

Its a good Ai system, but as i have posted in another post. If you keep cohese aliens will always flee until cornered/ near UFO. Then they will try to circle around UFO.

Once you get that attitude its boring. So other AI behaviour must be done to break the predictability.