Do not give noobs to the player on first rooster.

I got out of the marine corps a couple years ago. I don't need a list--I carried 60 lbs of gear in Iraq before ammo. Y'all are forgetting or ignoring a few things, though, such as the fact that the launcher in xenonauts is obviously not an AT4, that even a gunner carrying a light machine gun has someone else helping carry ammo and tripod, and most importantly that the fact is simply that carrying all that stuff slows you down. We could talk all day about what grunts actually carry into combat, but if you ignore the fact that heavily armed and armored modern infantry can't move as fast as they could without all that gear, I'm just going to ignore you.

In contrast, beginning troops in xenonauts can carry everything I mentioned without slowing down at all.

I will concede your point, sir. And in that respect, I suppose it is a good deal more realistic for weight regulations. A SAW and a few hundred rounds might not be too encumbering, but sure, a full standard payload would definitely slow down the average grunt.

Although I could argue that I've seen how Navy SEALS train firsthand and I imagine they would find what us regular grunts considered a heavy load to be laughable (of course, the ones I met were too badass to belittle regular grunts).

Regardless, your statement is true and even a physically fit person would start to slow down with some of the weight limits you can muster in the game.

Whatever the case, though, the game play itself is what is important.

Apologies for the assumption that you were ignorant of combat payloads.