v19 stable candidate 2 - skipped medal?

My first few missions all happened on the same day. The Chinook went to all in the same flight.

Because of the increased number of aliens in Light Scouts, this meant that li'l thothkins managed to notch 10 kills in those missions.

I noticed that there wasn't a "killed 5 aliens" medal, but instead it went straight to the "killed 10 aliens" medal. Other soldiers got their "5 kill" medals as normal.

Li'l thothkins seems to have been punished for success. Admittedly very unlikely success considering previous Let's Plays :)

I don't think those medals stack; I think they're replaced instead. I have a solider in my present game with over 20 kills and she has the "Order of Terra" medal but not any of the earlier ones. That medal gives her +3 Bravery, which I guess would be equivalent to the three medals she would have at that point. So, I think it's working as intended.

I don't think those medals stack; I think they're replaced instead. I have a solider in my present game with over 20 kills and she has the "Order of Terra" medal but not any of the earlier ones. That medal gives her +3 Bravery, which I guess would be equivalent to the three medals she would have at that point. So, I think it's working as intended.

Exactly. DistinguisedServiceMedal replaces LongServiceMedal which replaces ServiceMedal, and also OrderOfTerra > OrderOfMerit > OrderOfGallantry.