[v19 experimental equipping soldiers] CtD pure virtual function?

So, in light of freezes and crashes, I uninstalled, removed saves, reinstalled and didn't opt into beta.

Loaded up a new game and went directly to soldier equipment to define loadouts and equipment. The game crashed, BUT this time, I had an extra little message come up before the game crashed and I SS'd it.

crash error.png

EDIT: Sorry for the mis-label, this is actually NOT the experimental

crash error.png

577e7cbe12eb7_crasherror.png.9a7b9d34bc6

Edited by gshuford

So I looked up what this means and though programming is beyond me, it seems to relate to constructing and destructing objects. I'm not sure what that means, but I guessed that when I change the default load and then replace an already set loadout with the new default (such as changing the old "R" to the newly defined "R"), maybe that's where the error occurs. Launched a new game and switched role to something else before switching to the newly defined load and I got through it without a problem.

On the other hand, the game is still freezing when I complete a combat mission. I waited for somewhere between 3 and 5 minutes, but no mission success screen comes up. I still have to ctrl-alt-del to sign out and come back in the game to get it going again. It puts me back a turn or two before the last alien is killed and then I can complete the mission. Very aggravating.

I take that back. Now it seems that the game will ctd after I try to load my autosave. :(

Edited by gshuford