Missing gas grenades when reloading game

Tossed 3 gas grenades at aliens but didn’t like the results, so I reloaded to add additional grenades to the target. When I reloaded the saved game the 3 grenades that I originally tossed were gone (no detonation). Just vanished.

You don't play the entire game in one sitting. You save the game in Ironman by selecting "Quit Game." Brings you back to the menu screen, and you can load your Ironman game.

But yeah, say you throw a grenade, and quit/save. If you've thrown a grenade, then chose quit game, when you reload, that grenade's gone, and maybe all your troops with it due to the difference losing that grenade could be.

Edit: Durrrrrrrrrrrrr. Realized what the poster meant. DISREGARD, temporarily illiterate.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

I checked to see what else I lost after save. Your troops lose their TUs and the grenades. So, once a grenade leaves your hands, you lose the TU's no matter what. Can't reload, I had to go back a few saves to recover the lost grenades and TU. I would recommend putting the grenades back to where they were before the last change. Reading through the posts, I see others feel the same.