Grenade Issues 2.0 ;)

So far in everyone's opinion, what is the best version so far where grenades are balanced? I'm on the latest version Steam gives you by default (18?) and so far I've experienced the following:

• Grenade fumbles: Fumbles can happen but these guys are listed as special forces with combat experience--the best of the best yet these guys are more of a threat to themselves than the aliens are. Its not unusual for my soldiers to flash bang or gas themselves at minimum of 1-3 times in a fight.
  • Wimpy fragmentation: Lethal radius of a M67 for example is around 5 meters and reaches out to about 15 meters. The lethal blast radius is pretty small (but it DOES get your attention). If you can be suppressed by a near miss from an assault rifle, I'd think you'd more than flinch from a grenade detonation.
  • Way too long a range: You *CAN* toss a 500g M67 around 25-30 meters(?) but in this version you can toss clear across the map. Yikes. Not sure what the distances are in the game but I should like 20 squares would be reasonable for a frag and less for smoke or other canister type grenades (shape and size;) as well as weight affects range)
  • Random Cloud: Gas/smoke grenades should produce a radial gas the moves and disperses in the direction of the wind. At the moment you can toss a gas grenade next to an alien and there's a chance the gas won't be in that square.

Ideally I'd love it to be able to fling a frag or flashbang grenade into an open window, wait for the detonation then charge into a room while the enemy is stunned or still in cover. You know, one of the primary uses of a grenade. :D

So far in everyone's opinion, what is the best version so far where grenades are balanced? I'm on the latest version Steam gives you by default (18?) and so far I've experienced the following:
  • Grenade fumbles: Fumbles can happen but these guys are listed as special forces with combat experience--the best of the best yet these guys are more of a threat to themselves than the aliens are. Its not unusual for my soldiers to flash bang or gas themselves at minimum of 1-3 times in a fight.

• Wimpy fragmentation: Lethal radius of a M67 for example is around 5 meters and reaches out to about 15 meters. The lethal blast radius is pretty small (but it DOES get your attention). If you can be suppressed by a near miss from an assault rifle, I'd think you'd more than flinch from a grenade detonation.

• Way too long a range: You *CAN* toss a 500g M67 around 25-30 meters(?) but in this version you can toss clear across the map. Yikes. Not sure what the distances are in the game but I should like 20 squares would be reasonable for a frag and less for smoke or other canister type grenades (shape and size;) as well as weight affects range)

• Random Cloud: Gas/smoke grenades should produce a radial gas the moves and disperses in the direction of the wind. At the moment you can toss a gas grenade next to an alien and there's a chance the gas won't be in that square.

Ideally I'd love it to be able to fling a frag or flashbang grenade into an open window, wait for the detonation then charge into a room while the enemy is stunned or still in cover. You know, one of the primary uses of a grenade. :D

Most of these issues are fixed in the 19x builds.