[v19.6 Ground Combat] Reaction Fire when Breaching UFOs Bugged

I'd thought this was an issue but have done some experimenting and have confirmed it.

Basic issue: When you open UFO doors, actions on the outside of the UFO do not trigger reaction fire from aliens inside the UFO. This includes moving, shooting and grenade throwing.

Tests: I opened a UFO door and took shots at aliens with various weapons (LMP, assault rifle, shotgun and pistol). Even when not suppressed and in line of sight of the shooter, no aliens took reaction shots against my units. I also did this using grenades. Finally, I made a unit move backwards and forwards in front of the doorway using their entire TUs for the turn. Again, no reaction fire. Moving into the UFO triggered reaction fire as would be expected, however, as did taking shots after moving into the UFO.

Notes: When I reloaded the game *with the UFO doors already open* the issue disappeared and actions outside of the UFO triggered reaction fire as normal. However, if I closed the doors and ended turn, the issue would return on the following turn when I opened the doors again. I guess this has something to do with when and how the game is calculating LOS for the aliens, then?

In case it is useful, I've uploaded a save file which is the one I was using for testing. If I've loaded the right one, the entire squad should be huddled around the UFO doors and the doors should be open. Shooting immediately will trigger reaction fire, as indicated above. However, if you close the doors and wait a turn, then open them again you will see that actions outside the UFO don't trigger reaction fire.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32960771/2013-08-03_13.05.38.sav

P.S. It's possible this is only an issue for Light Scouts. When I encounter other UFOs (and doors, since it might be a door issue), I'll experiment to see if there is the same issue.

I've just tested this on a Corvette map - the same thing happens with the inner doors which lead into the command centre. I did the same tests as before. Looks like its an issue with (UFO) doors generally, not just the Light Scout ones.

In case you want it, a save game to play with:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32960771/2013-08-04_17.14.13.sav

EDIT: Also had a chance to test this on a regular (non-UFO) door. Exactly the same thing again. So, it looks like it's all doors.

Edited by kabill