[v19.5 Ground Combat] reaction fire and smoke grenade

when the aliens shooting(reaction fire) through the smoke, does not leave me a feeling that at this time does not work penalty on accuracy

many times i hited by the aliens at 15 hex from them and between us 6 or 8 smoke cloud from 3-4 grenades

accuracy at that moment 0% if i try shoot them

may be thats not bug just luck aliens pig, but pls check it

Edited by Duke

I've had this feeling too. Sadly, it's impossible to quantify in any useful way, but I've always been surprised how often my soldiers get hit through smoke. It could just be the way smoke grenades work, though, since they don't fill all the spaces and it's possible I just get shot through squares where only a couple are covered in smoke.

I've given this a test using our debug tools and it looks to me like the game is correctly taking into account smoke for reaction shots - I think you may just always remember the infuriating times times that an alien hits you through smoke, and not remember when they miss.

they missed often but i have got many hits from alien when 4-6 cells whith 3 smoke staks protect me and alien stay in 10 or more cells from my unit. ofc it may be just real unluck for me

if it work correctly it means smoke do not protect from reaction fire(when accuracy 0% from smoke penalty). its little not logic