[19.4] CTD when an alien cruiser attempts a terror mission on ####.CANADA

As the title says, I have a save game where an alien cuiser is minutes away from attempting a terror mission on the city "####.CANADA". The game CTDs every time the cruiser reaches its destination. I could attach the save game but it appears that I don't have permission to do that.

I would like to mention that the session of the save game I've provided is somehow destabilized. When I start from an earlier save of the same session, before the mentioned cruiser arrives, I can avoid that particular crash, but the game keeps crashing due to various completely unrelated reasons. I couldn't continue that session longer than 15 minutes without any kind of crash. Once it crashes randomly during air combat, then I reload and it crashes randomly in ground combat. I'm mentioning this since I normally encounter crashes much more rarely. Being a developer myself, I have the impression that something way earlier destabilized the game and all those random crashes are side effects.