Hidden Movement screen toggle on/off function

Hi. I'll be brief because I don't want to upset my good friend Stella Rat.

I hate the hidden movement screen. I hate it. Not because it's not working in the current experimental build. I hate it because it seems like a lot of nonsense to me. I know some others feel the same. But I've also read Chris writing that he was reluctant to change it because it's very X-Com.

Having never played the original, I have no particular attachment to things being the same as the original just for the sake of nostalgia. My personal opinion is that simply having the "Alien Turn" writing in white at the top of the screen would be perfect.

Rather than mucking about with compromises between the two views points (like the current solution), why not just have an option to toggle between the two? I imagine there are or will be other interfacey-type issues like this (which do not affect gameplay at all), so why not a "Classic Nostalgia" option and then a pared down option which would be how you'd do a modern game if you weren't concerned about being faithful to the original source (much like Enemy Unknown! although I feel a little mean saying that because, you know, points for effort and all that).