[V18 stable - Xenonauts base attack] alien contact at beginning and targetting issue

In a sudden base attack - ufos appeared on top of my base- the aliens were already visible at deployment phase. I don't know if that should happen. (Nevertheless this was quite nice because all the grenades had a lot to eat through in that narrow room full of aliens.)

This was the only room with aliens:

base attack, deployment.jpg

I have saved the game before I deployed my soldiers. I tried to throw grenades but the first soldier completely failed and dropped the grenade: Two of my soldiers wounded. Reaction fire of the aliens killed three soldiers. Damn!

So I reloaded the game, but then deployment was not possible anymore. Similar as mentioned before (here).

With the reloaded game I moved my soldiers a bit before throwing grenades and now it worked. Nailed a lot of them. One or two escaped to the radar room. Nevertheless they could be killed as the shots found them, although a different alien was targetted. There seemed to be an obstacle in that smoke but the hit animation was in the radar room, this is visible here:

base attack, obstacle in smoke.jpg

Both escaped aliens seemed to be on one common tile, didn't move and were killed.

As the smoke was gone no obstacle could be seen:

base attack, no obstacle.jpg

When I tried to target the "obstacle" the crosshair jumped to the already dead aliens in the radar room:

base attack, strange targetting.jpg

I have saved during the battle, but the reloaded game did not have this effect anymore.

base attack, deployment.jpg

base attack, obstacle in smoke.jpg

base attack, no obstacle.jpg

base attack, strange targetting.jpg

577e7cb7a0de1_baseattackdeployment.thumb

577e7cb7a80d6_baseattackobstacleinsmoke.

577e7cb7acf86_baseattacknoobstacle.thumb

577e7cb7b201e_baseattackstrangetargettin