[v19.3 Experimental] cannot start research (Alien Biology)

I just started a new Easy game. Shot down 2 light scouts, missions went fine. Then "local forces" downed another UFO and I cleaned that up. After Caesian autopsy completed, I'm now able to research "Alien Biology". Well, supposedly I can. I can see the project, but when I select it from the list the "Start" button that would let me start research isn't there.

nojb.jpg

I cannot see if you have free scientists.

With 19.3 I saw that you cannot start projects when a base was selected with no lab.

So mabye you cannot start a new project as long as you have 0/15 space or 0/15 free scientists.

With 19.3 I had no problem to research the tech as long as I had a lab/free scientists and lab space and the right base selected ( you have only 1 ).

But there are some other problems with 19.3 like alien base assaults, base defends and 3 alien fighter groups, so I moved back to stable 18.3

I wait for the experimental 19.4 build ( or a few fixes to 19.3 ^^)

Edited by Redbull102

I was 97% sure I previously (still in 19.3) was able to add a research project to the queue without having any free scientists. Nevertheless, I just tried it and when I made a scientist available I was able to add the project to the queue.

On a broader scope, I don't really see the purpose of the categorized available research tree on the right side that you need to add to the research queue. It would be much more streamlined and intuitive if all available research projects were just added to the queue (with no scientists assigned). Then when I have some scientists available I can look at the descriptions for each research and decide how to allocate my researchers.

They are working on the gui.

I must say, I like it to have the projects to the right side and only the ones that I started to the left.

When you have 2 or more bases you will see why + think about the time after the release of the game when a lot of mods are flying around, 5 new tanks here to research, 20 new ammo kinds there, 20+ new aircrafts, 15 new combat armor types and much more.

Some messages why something does not happen ( error no free scientists/space to start a new project ) would be nice.

Streamlined and intuitive are words with a very bad taste to me.

I saw it so many times that when a game became Streamlined it meant that the game lost the things which made it great. A now streamlined game goes under in a crowd of other streamlined games...

Nobody will remember it!

And a intuitive game is a game you need no brain for.

I understand what you wanted to say, but please not these 2 words...

Edited by Redbull102