[v18 stable 30/05/13] - relocating soldiers to another base corrupts save game file

I had a number of corrupt save games and had to load back game weeks to a stable save game file. I played around with a few things, saving and then loading and determined when I relocated soldiers to a new base I was building, it corrupted the save game file. I could hire soldiers there, but not transfer them there.

It is also intermittent (at least with v18hf3). A UK base could not transfer to my Australia base, transferring the second unit resulted in an immediate CTD, so it was not as bad as yours cbabs. But a month or two later, the game would let me transfer from UK to Australia without issue. At first I thought it was unit based (particular units had a bad variable of some nature and the transfer referenced it for some reason), but after the success it appears to be a time dependent issue.

As a workaround you might be able to sneak them past the game individually. Wait unit the first arrives before sending the next. Also, make sure that you have a storeroom at the base you are sending them to (just in case equipment is being defaulted there, and then transferred back to the units).