v.18.3 Stable Steam version - Post Base Invasion

I checked the first few pages and didn't see any bugs like this.

After a very successful base invasion mission (only two privates died and a cloud of knockout gas brought in 8 prisoners) I discovered a strange bug. Immediately following the invasion I sent that Chinook to a terror mission. When I got there, I learned there was an empty seat (understandable, maybe the guy had been shot) but even worse was that none of the soldiers were holding guns!

I quickly figured that they had no guns because I had ordered them to go free handed for more grenades in the invasion. For whatever reason they didn't auto equip. The gear was in the base, just not in use.

However, some soldier had been gravely injured for 17 days. He was blocking a spot in my Chinook and I couldn't get rid of him short of decommissioning the craft. I couldn't even dismiss him (can you dismiss gravely injured soldiers?)

I'm not sure if utilities can be damaged in the base but only the lab the aliens broke into should have been affected. The armory and hospital seemed to be in good shape.

If you changed their equipment for a mission, your decision stays permanent until you re-equip them either by giving them other weapons, or using the roles feature to equip your default equipment.

The injured soldier blocking the chinook is a known issue.

Thanks a ton. I was just surprised because technically the base mission had ended so I thought all of their gear would be restored. And I guess that one poor guy might have been hurt on a previous mission because he was a Lt. And I know on privates perished during the invasion.