Civilian/Local Force Orders

Something that has always bugged me in Xcom, and bugs me in Xenonauts now as well, civilians and local forces run around like, well, idiots, and there isn't much my Xenonauts can do about it.

I wish that my Xenonauts could give basic verbal commands to people we encounter so they aren't just running in circles like chickens with their head's cut off in the middle of a crossfire. Nothing detailed. I'm not talking about taking direct control over them, and it would actually be even cooler if these orders weren't always followed, but sometimes ignored by terrified civilians or enraged local forces.

For example, if you make eye contact with a civilian an option to tell them to move to your chopper for safety, or hold position. Something like that.

It always struck me as odd that I'd be sent to protect civilians but have no way to communicate with them and actually keep them safe beyond hoping they don't run into a hail of plasma fire before I kill everything.

Also, I noticed that my stun weapons seem to outright kill civilians which is also a bit annoying. I wish there was some way to knock them out for their own safety. Kind of like how modern day SWAT forces will handcuff hostages to protect them as well as the SWAT team itself.