Toggle wall sprits

I am sorry if this has already been asked, I was interested in this game about a year ago, forgot about it for a while and then got reminded of it when it came onto Steam yesterday. I know already that there is no way to rotate the PoV and no plans for that to be added due to needing 4x as many sprites. My question is, is there a way to toggle sprites that block the view of things that are visible to your units (such as building walls)? I have found several times in the few missions I have played so far where my units can see the alien forces but I can not see them and the only way for me to target the alien is if I know the general area that it is and then wave my mouse around that area until the cursor changes icons, this can be quit aggravating specially if you didn't realize you could see the alien there and you get a unit killed just because you didn't see something that was perfectly visible to your unit due to another sprite covering it up.