[v18.3hf2 - Launcher] Launcher is not animated

Minor thing, really, so noticed it only now, ignoring the fact that feature was here for several builds already.

For me, launcher display only static logo image and does not seem to attempt to replace it with video.

Never had any problem with new launcher beside this.

System - Win 7 x64 SP1, fully updated.

Codecs installed - K-Lite codec pack (ffdshow used for DivX, default Microsoft AVI splitter for .avi).

Video from game assets itself playing properly and without problem in Media Player Classic HC.

Are you sure your video card drivers are up-to-date? Also someone had a similar issue, and refreshing a media player codec helped him. If i see the thread, I'll paste the link here. You can start looking yourself, maybe you will find it sooner, but i think it way 1 version before.

--Edit--

Try this:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4801-v18-3-Game-crashes-at-launcher

Edited by Matthew

Thank for reply, Matthew.

Updated Nvidia drivers from 310.90, which i used, to 314.22 (last certified non-beta atm), nothing.

Updated my, slightly dated, K-Lite Codec pack to new version (9.8.8 atm), still nothing.

Tried various settings and combinations of Microsoft/LAV/Haali splitters and LAV/decoders - no result.

Total uninstall of all codecs, bare system - same.

Windows 7 Codec Pack from linked thread on cleaned of codecs again system - no difference.

CCCP, Combined Community Codec Pack, also with different settings - well, i tried.

Clean K-Lite reinstall, also with various settings iterations - you can guess.

And, when i was already hovering the submit button for this post, i remembered one more thing - i do not have Windows Media Player on my system - do not use it, switched to Media Player Classic long ago, so have it uninstalled.

Installed WMP again - everything works, animation in launcher plays, case closed.

So yeah, Windows Media Player and any DivX codec are needed for launcher animation to work.