V17.6 Several Bugs with video

Version V17.6 **without hotfix**

- If you move a soldier and press "c" for crouch while hes moving, he will crouch and stop moving but

the move sound will loop forever till you move him again. "can be seen in the video"

- Some Aliens still stay in UFO till they see you trough the door. 2 or 3 Aliens always spawn already outside the

UFO. "Maybe not a bug. Its the behaviour cause Alpha Stage?"

- Sometimes screen goes "white" in hidden movement phase

- Grenade Bug "can be seen in the video"

- Geospace hang/crash after battle "can be seen in the video"

Heres the video :

Ive seen you thrown out a hotfix already. But maybe youre interested for the other bugs ive found.

Edited by Megathron

Thanks for your rich report, Megathron!

- If you move a soldier and press "c" for crouch while hes moving, he will crouch and stop moving but

the move sound will loop forever till you move him again.

It's now fixed!

- Some Aliens still stay in UFO till they see you trough the door. 2 or 3 Aliens always spawn already outside the

UFO. "Maybe not a bug. Its the behaviour cause Alpha Stage?"

I recall that Chris said something about the unfinished spawn logic for this..

- Sometimes screen goes "white" in hidden movement phase

- Grenade Bug "can be seen in the video"

- Geospace hang/crash after battle "can be seen in the video"

The hotfix relased by Chris this afternoon hopefully fixes all of them!

- Grenade Bug can be seen in this video.

Happens aswell in the standalone version.

- Both versions :

If you throw a grenade "and there is an obstacle between you and the place you are throwing it" then it will always land on the obstacle "for example a little stone where you can cover behind".

- Both versions : No music if you load a ground battle from the main menu.

- Standalone Version : Sometimes have an immediate crash after a ground battle, without any error displayed. This is different than the one in the Desura version.

- Both Versions : Local forces shoot stunned aliens which sometimes results in civilians and Xenonaut soldiers also being hit.

- Both Versions : Aliens/Civilians/Local forces stuck sometimes or spawn in obstacles.

Sometimes if you aim at them the aim picture showing up on another location this time

shows up on a civilian in the corner of the map "see picture".

- Both Versions : Aliens appear to always face the direction of the nearest enemy. This makes it often impossible to flank them because of reaction fire. If you see them moving away they are always facing back towards you, even if they faced a different direction to begin with.

- Both Versions : Reaction fire from Xenonaut soldiers and some fire from aliens occurs behind the "Hidden Movement" screen, which I think should be visible.

- Both Versions : One Chryssalid "dunno how they are named in Xenonauts" moved through a wall while beeing surrounded.

See picture, sadly had no fraps on while it happened.

Some people wrote they have no crashes in standalone version. Maybe its system related?

My system:

Windows 7 64bit Enterprise Edition

AMD Phenom II X4 965

Mainboard ASUS M4A88TD-V "EVO/USB3"

4 GB DDR3 9/9/9/24

ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5

Suggestion :

The soldier screen where you equip your troops is a great improvement compared to the old XCOM EU. However, I find that double-clicking or dragging to equip stuff still annoys me. It would be simpler if you made a little equip button along with a little "x" for getting rid of equipped stuff and clear button which clears the currently equipped items. See images below

Nice to know

Im learning english since 2 months. Would be nice to know if my

english is really bad/good or horrible. Tell me that per PM please.

Big thanks to

TNoyce

who gave me advice about my english to make this Bug-Report more understandable.

Xenonauts_2013_02_13_20_41_01_41.jpgXenonauts_2013_02_14_00_37_53_80.jpgXenonauts_2013_02_14_02_34_18_63.jpg

Edited by Megathron

Thanks for the report:

"No music if you load a ground battle from the main menu." - Known issue.

"Local forces shoot stunned aliens which sometimes results in civilians and Xenonaut soldiers also being hit." - Well the AI is nearly not final :).

"Aliens/Civilians/Local forces stuck sometimes or spawn in obstacles.

Sometimes if you aim at them the aim picture showing up on another location this time

shows up on a civilian in the corner of the map "see picture"." - Issues like this are in the game since forever :). There are a lot of work around the ground combat spawning and tiles and stuff. These issues are fixed during the development.

"Aliens appear to always face the direction of the nearest enemy. This makes it often impossible to flank them because of reaction fire. If you see them moving away they are always facing back towards you, even if they faced a different direction to begin with." - The AI is far from done :).

"Reaction fire from Xenonaut soldiers and some fire from aliens occurs behind the "Hidden Movement" screen, which I think should be visible." I think you could see it in X-com. They don't always appear tough. Sometimes is just here the sound of their gun, hear the pain sound played and when i get back to game from the hidden movemet i have dead soldiers :(

" One Chryssalid "dunno how they are named in Xenonauts" moved through a wall while beeing surrounded." - See my comment above about the spawning.

A friendly note: Never surround a Chrisalid :DD. Your english is OK.