Soldier weapons.

Hello. I love playing Xenonauts and have not checked out the Early Access for Xenonauts 2 yet. I was looking through the Hooded Horse wiki and saw no mention of a burst pistol, submachine gun or carbine. Will those exist in the complete game?

There are currently enemy submachine guns your soldiers can pick up and use which have less damage and weight than a rifle but the rest of the stats are the same.  Basic ballistic weapons are used only in the early part of the game (if you want to kill aliens effectively) and they were not very effective against Androns in their previous iteration.  What benefit would you expect machine pistols and carbines to have over the standard rifle - dual wielding, less weight?

Posted (edited)

I am currently playing Xenonauts with XCE and some other mods which supply those weapons. They have the 1.5 reaction modifier like the shotgun which makes them very effective in close quarters. They also appear in laser, plasma and mag variants.

Edited by SirBastage
added a sentence