AI controlled strike team.

So maybe we all tend to play these games differently, but for me i've noticed that I tend to have my main guys that I try to keep alive and give the best stuff to.. 
Then there are the 'others'. The reserve, the cannon fodder, whatever you want to call them. With a bit of luck some of these get a few levels up and can become a replacement candidate for the main team.

But leveling these soldiers up can be quite annoying, even more so the time it takes to play through these missions when perhaps you only do it to get some alloys, so you dont want to sell it to the local military(Which I might say is a brilliant feature)
Introducing the B-Team! A AI 'controlled' squad that you can choose to send on missions. You as a player can get an estimation of success and perhaps expected number of deaths.
But the battle auto-resolves, you dont know who dies or survives. Perhpas you can read a combat report which briefs who killed what, and what items you recovered.

as a balancing act you one could also play around with having the B-Team not be available for x amount of days once their mission begins, as a trade off. 
The B-Team is not suppose to be used nor win vs the big and the bad, but as an alternative to vacuum the small pieces as you progress.

So the idea would be to create a strike team in your base view somewhere.. You select the soldiers & and equipment just like with your own troops. 
You can interchange the troops between missions so if you want to add more experianced soldiers for a higher success rate, or save the soldiers that have managed to level up for your own use.

This could also open up for alternative missions where you've to show up and get them out of a pickle. 

Do you think an addition of such a mechanic would make the overall experience worse, if so why?
If you like the concept, why do you think the mechanic could make the experience better?

• Confused 1

As an alternative to the "automatic battle", it does not look bad.

It resembles the mechanics of the game "Heroes of Magic and Sword". There are immortal heroes in this game who participate in the battle, but cannot be killed in battle. And there are troops who are suffering losses. Only immortal heroes can raise the level of development and accumulate experience.