[17.52] random farm battle when switching to geoscape

in my current game of two five (wo)man squads that rotate each mission on and off the Chinook. I just swapped out my heavily injured alpha 2 squad for Alpha 1. I tried placing them in their formation inside the Chinook but couldn't (dunno if that's a bug or if I was just failing at it >_>) I gave up and went back to the geoscape and started advancing time (3x) when all of a sudden the game started loading a ground battle. turns out to be a farm map. there was no pop up for a ufo detected nor did I launch fighters or fight a ufo. just started accelerating time and bam, loading a farm battle map which I'm currently playing through

had the same thing only when playing the full game, it freezes in the geoscape, while when im in quick battle mode its loads the mission at the same time it would freeze in full game mode.

also when loading that mission in full mode, after completing it, there are no more UFO's appearing...