The Uneven spread of Cities on the Map

Hello,

On a recent playthrough, I stopped to zoom in and appreciate the map. First I would like to say that the in-game map is gorgeous! However, then I noticed how the spread of cities is very unusual. I'm making this post today to open up a dialogue about the best method of choosing cities on the map. Currently, the map doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason. I don't want to sound rude, I just find it confusing that China has two cities but New Zealand has three. It's nice that all Central American cities have their capital on the map but why not the same for Africa? Why is Monico on the map but not etc... 
I hope to start constructive Criticism and perhaps improve the map before release. Thank you for taking the time to read this,
-AG

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the in-game map. It's great that you appreciate the visual aspect of the map but have concerns about the distribution of cities. Constructive criticism is always valuable for game developers to enhance the gaming experience.

When selecting cities to include on the map, game developers usually consider various factors such as geographical significance, population density, cultural importance, and gameplay balance. Here are some suggestions to improve the city selection process:

1. **Geographical Significance**: Ensure that cities are placed in locations that reflect their real-world importance or strategic value. This can enhance the realism and immersion of the game.

2. **Population Density**: Consider including cities based on population density to represent urban areas accurately. Larger cities may have more gameplay significance than smaller ones.

3. **Cultural and Historical Importance**: Include cities with significant cultural or historical value to provide players with a diverse and engaging gaming experience.