Regarding Panic!

I have at this time passed 250 days in Xenonauts 2.

Thanks to the absolute insufficient lack of funding the warfare is going sooo slooow! on the Earthers side.

The aliens have unlimited ressources and access to all six continents... and their technology is fully developed.

Fortunately the citizens of Earth seem to be developing a fearless attitude towards alien attacks, which prevents the Earth from loosing the war.

After all it only takes two continents surrendering, for the aliens to win... and even after 250 days In my recent game... I have only ONE fully operational base, another that is almost ready,

and a third in North Americe, that has a single angel to defend the two american continents. And NO soldiers present!

To me it seems, that the games development is based on inhibiting any development at all.

I think it is time to rethink the game.

kindly Frank

On 12/20/2023 at 5:33 PM, 453074 said:

Thanks to the absolute insufficient lack of funding the warfare is going sooo slooow! on the Earthers side.

There are simply not enough events in the game that require the player to react (action). I would advise giving the player more money so that the player can look less into the void on the monitor screen, waiting for a new event. The player should take more part in the construction of bases. The lack of micro-management makes the game empty and boring in those moments when the player has to wait for the next UFO appearance or a new task.

For example: if in the game "HMM:3" remove from the strategic map all the bonuses and resources that the player can collect by exploring the world around him, then the game instantly becomes boring and empty for the entire period, which is while he is waiting for the completion of the construction of his city (castle). Because there are no events happening at the moment. The player is just waiting for the accumulation of sufficient resources to enable new construction.

Edited by Komandos

12 hours ago, Komandos said:

There are simply not enough events in the game that require the player to react (action). I would advise giving the player more money so that the player can look less into the void on the monitor screen, waiting for a new event. The player should take more part in the construction of bases. The lack of micro-management makes the game empty and boring in those moments when the player has to wait for the next UFO appearance or a new task.

I completely agree... global warfare is mountains of micro management, preparations, aquisition of equipment and replacements of soldiers.

The expences on salary, maintenance and construction of facilities and equipment is a real gamekiller.

The only way to get more funding CANNOT depend of the fulfillment of specific scientific researchprojects... it will not work... war is not planned 

from start to the end... it only appears that way, if you read the historybooks containing only the facts of what actually happened.

It never mentiones the plans, that never was taken into action... or all the failed weapons tests.