[milestone 1.33b - geoscape] ENGINEERING HALTED message won't go away

Not Todd Howard

hi, I reported this bug on steam and was encouraged to join the forum here, so I did.

I couldn't recreate this bug, but I might as well make mention of it since it may be lurking in the code somewhere.

the bug:
on the geoscape screen, I got the "ENGINEERING HALTED" message from having more stuff than my stores could contain. The "VIEW ENGINEERING SCREEN" and "VIEW STORES SCREEN" buttons worked, but clicking on the "CLOSE" button didn't quite work since the message immediately reappeared. I couldn't  make it go away. Even going into the stores screen and getting rid of supplies until it was below the max, the "ENGINEERING HALTED" message persisted on the geoscape. I could only fix it by forcing the game to shut down.

if this helps any, here's what I was doing when I ran into the bug: a dropship returned to base after a tactical mission. the spoils from the mission exceeded the storage space at my base and I got the "ENGINEERING HALTED" message. I clicked on "VIEW STORES SCREEN" and sold/moved excess stuff to meet the limit. Instead of going back to the geomap, I decided to fiddle around with my troops and their loadouts, so I removed them all from the dropship. All their gear winds up in storage when you do this and I exceeded my stores limit yet again. Returning to the geoscape map after this is where I ran into the bug with the "ENGINEERING HALTED" message.

I'm adding a picture of the message, if somehow there's any confusion over what I'm talking about.

also, here's my safe as requested. I played a lot more after the bug happened. also you can enjoy looking at all my super soldiers from save scumming

storage message.jpg

user_bug_report-935.json

First time I've seen the entire roster of soldiers all almost maxed-out in stats, those are outright space marines!

Thanks for posting a detailed bug report btw! Including the reproduction steps and the saves are very helpful when we try to pinpoint the bugs! Unfortunately I couldn't recreate the bug even after following the steps you provided. I'll keep on looking into this and see if I can reproduce the problem, but if you come across it again, please do save and upload it here as it'll help us a lot, thanks!