Weapon count one too few in armory

Eventualyeti

I have a number of accelerated rifles, and when I select a soldier who is not equipped with an accelerated rifle the number in the bottom right of the accelerated rifle graphic in the armory shows '1', but when I select a soldier who is already equipped with an accelerated rifle, the count drops to 0. Seems like an off-by-one error somewhere.

You might be talking about the same thing I believed was a bug too. Its not a bug, its just the way Xenonauts 2 currently handles gear is weird and easily confusing.

For finite items (armor, weapons), the # will only go down if the soldier is on a drop ship. 

If the soldier is in base, you can equip them with whatever is available and it won't effect the total # at all even if it displays the soldier with the armor/weapon

I figured this out when the game was telling me I had a bunch of excess armor that, once I sold it, wound up being all the armor I had. Suddenly everyone at the base who was wearing that armor wasn't anymore.

You can see this for yourself if you remove all your soldiers from a dropship. If they've got a weapon or armor that is finite, the # of those in storage will go up.

Edited by Not Todd Howard
  • Like 1

Yep it's as the other person who replied said, only gear equipped by soldiers in a dropship on armory is deducted from storage. We are considering changing this system as indeed it can be confusing for the player, but I can't really provide a when because we're currently focused on pushing for milestone 2 features. Thanks for reporting it though!