Commander Customization

Been a long while since I've played the original Xenonauts, so seeing the sequel out in Early Access is neat and I'd love to try it out even in such an early state, however one thing is holding me back at the moment.

So I've learned that unlike the previous game, the commander is given a portrait and some dialogue, but the portrait is of some generic older white guy and is given no name. Is there going to be any form of customization even from just picking a preset portrait? Because I know it's an extremely minor and petty thing in the grand scheme of things, but I as a woman do not want to play as some old dude. :P Either have the commander be completely faceless (having dialogue is fine) or let the player have even a tiny degree of customization if you're going to put a face to the commander but not have the commander have a real personality.

The whole point of these games is that you self-insert as the leader of an extraterrestrial task force; having the insert character be given a face that the player has no input on is counterintuitive.

Edited by skaianDestiny
  • Like 1