Geoscape events triggering missions

There are events, like UFO sightings, journalists being arrested, politicians murdered etc popping out on the geoscape every now and then, which increase the panic in the region they happen.

I think it would be great, if a game mechanic would be implemented, that at least some of the missions would trigger an option to send a combat team to investigate (the event would have a timer, so that the player could click on it and either accept to send a combat team or not), gather intelligence or capture the assasin in a tactical mission. Positive outcome could then decrease the panic in the region by a bit (say 5 points or so). Negative outcome or no reaction would keep the raised panic level.

Such missions could be of small scale on a small map to not interfere too much with the overal goal of the game, but could give the player a chace to proactively lower the panic levels in a region. On the same note, it would encourage the player to build more bases and recruit more combat teams to have a chance to react to such events.

If I am not mistaken, one or two of the event descriptions even said "...local government/forces expect/awaits Xenonaut support" or something with similar meaning. I mean it would be cool to have a chance to react to these call outs on a tactical map (gather evidence/data just like with the cleaner cells or to capture/kill the assasins(s)) or in case of military plane shot down a rescue mission, civil plane down SAR mission to save a VIP from that plane, defend a military base etc..

Those missions would give the player a deeper involvement in the world and create more immersive experiance in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

• Like 3

I think that for some of them they actually happen in the wake of a UFO, so in theory you can scramble a jet to scout in front of where it happened to try and take down a UFO not currently in radar range.

Although I would also like some more missions triggered by events instead of just the scripted few and the UFO missions. I would think the plan is for the currently scripted set of missions to end up more dynamic and happening more than just once, but I'm not sure if that is the idea or not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Raffik said:

There are events, like UFO sightings, journalists being arrested, politicians murdered etc popping out on the geoscape every now and then, which increase the panic in the region they happen.

I think it would be great, if a game mechanic would be implemented, that at least some of the missions would trigger an option to send a combat team to investigate (the event would have a timer, so that the player could click on it and either accept to send a combat team or not), gather intelligence or capture the assasin in a tactical mission. Positive outcome could then decrease the panic in the region by a bit (say 5 points or so). Negative outcome or no reaction would keep the raised panic level.

Such missions could be of small scale on a small map to not interfere too much with the overal goal of the game, but could give the player a chace to proactively lower the panic levels in a region. On the same note, it would encourage the player to build more bases and recruit more combat teams to have a chance to react to such events.

If I am not mistaken, one or two of the event descriptions even said "...local government/forces expect/awaits Xenonaut support" or something with similar meaning. I mean it would be cool to have a chance to react to these call outs on a tactical map (gather evidence/data just like with the cleaner cells or to capture/kill the assasins(s)) or in case of military plane shot down a rescue mission, civil plane down SAR mission to save a VIP from that plane, defend a military base etc..

Those missions would give the player a deeper involvement in the world and create more immersive experiance in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

100 percent agree think u actually said something similar in another thread but totally agree this would open up a new sector for the game and us as players aswell as could make them stealth missions or similar just need a silencer option or even throwing knifes crossbow or similar weapons 

Also I think the stun gun n batton should be there from start aswell as the time it takes to do the research to get the decent stun weapons you have already caught all or most aliens and prob do what I do and don't make them later on in game 

Thoughts 

3 hours ago, cman1983 said:

100 percent agree think u actually said something similar in another thread but totally agree this would open up a new sector for the game and us as players aswell as could make them stealth missions or similar just need a silencer option or even throwing knifes crossbow or similar weapons 

Also I think the stun gun n batton should be there from start aswell as the time it takes to do the research to get the decent stun weapons you have already caught all or most aliens and prob do what I do and don't make them later on in game 

Thoughts 

I think the Early game needs a bit of a tweak, For me the Smoke Grenades should not stun the aliens (they have different biologies after all) Have the Smoke become Stunning to aliens after your Research the One that gives Stun Baton and Stun Gun. Now you have a reason to do that research even more. So initially smoke Obscures sight lines and will stun damage humans (dang civilians).  Later we get the "improved" Smoke that will Stun aliens like it does Humans.

What ya think?

• Like 1