Alien grenades

They do grenade your soldier to bits, but on occasion if they could not normally move and shoot at your soldier in a turn. A wraith once lobbed a grenade across a building just to turn my colonel into paste.

I think its for the best that they do not increase in frequency.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raffik said:

Do the aliens use the grenades they have on them in the EA? I haven't noticed them to throw them at all, so I'm wondering, if that is only the EA and will be enabled in the future?

Aliens definitely have grenades, because I get them as loot! I rarely seem them use them (maybe just wraiths once in 2 play throughs), but that could be because I'm rarely offering a better target than they'd get from shooting. I can't recollect any other species using grenades. 

I do believe the Alien's Grenade use is a matter of getting "x" number of your soldiers in the blast radius, as I'm paranoid for my own soldiers blowing the Throw of a grenade I very rarely have more than two next to each other (usually because need of using a med-kit) :)

That may change when the start doing the AI reworks so start expecting more use, like to remove your cover...