Cannot hire scientists to arrive when lab is completed, making the time to use the new lab take 3 more days

Maybe I am the only one who likes to micro manage my resources, but it was disappointing that the game wouldn't even allow me to hire new scientists before my second lab is completed.  I saw it had a few days left and tried to hire them, but I can't.  They take 72 hours in transit to arrive, so it is like that lab might as well take 3 days longer to build since it is useless until they arrive.  This is kinda annoying.  Can you make it to where we can hire them before the lab is completed if we have living quarters?  Maybe just give a message that they won't be able to work until there is lab space?  Or maybe just reduce the transit time?  Something? 

As another munchkin let me tell you, you're trying to micromanage the game way too hard, you can easily get all the current content researches etc. by the current "cutoff" date with just being sensible, three days to get the new scientists isn't going to ruin your world ;).

6 hours ago, Novadea said:

As another munchkin let me tell you, you're trying to micromanage the game way too hard, you can easily get all the current content researches etc. by the current "cutoff" date with just being sensible, three days to get the new scientists isn't going to ruin your world ;).

Well, for "current content", and the normal difficulty I am playing, I am sure you are right.  But, once they add more content, and if I play on harder difficulties, every little bit of research you get done faster can make a difference.  It sure as hell does in the other games!  But besides that, it just feels bad having a lab sit empty and unused for 3 days to me.  In the older games I always had scientists already hired and ready to work the millisecond that lab was constructed.  I would normally hire them to arrive just before it was completed.

The whole research simplification is bad. Can only hire scientists within your current research limit. Can only have 1 research project going on with all your scientists in it. Can't pause a project to resume it later, all progress is lost if you decide another research is the priority at the moment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SoulFilcher said:

The whole research simplification is bad. Can only hire scientists within your current research limit. Can only have 1 research project going on with all your scientists in it. Can't pause a project to resume it later, all progress is lost if you decide another research is the priority at the moment.

Oh shoot really?  I didn't know you'd lose progress if you switched, that is not good.  Glad I never learned that one the hard way, not sure if it warns you or not.

I believe it gives you just one warning, a box comes up saying you will lose all progress and ask if you really want to change research.

This is definitely not an intuitive thing. The Research you already have done should at least jump start you when you return. Maybe lose a % of current project, for each other pproject you start before returning.

• Like 1