V1.22 Ground combat. Memory leak.

aitorbk

Serious memory leak.
Each reload loses between 100MB and 500MB, increasing save and load time substantially.  The game starts being sluggish about 15GB memory use on my computer.

The only solution is to completely exit the game.
Computer is an AMD 5900X, 32GB ram, 6900XT.  Game is on a Sata SSD drive. W11.

1 hour ago, aitorbk said:

Serious memory leak.
Each reload loses between 100MB and 500MB, increasing save and load time substantially.  The game starts being sluggish about 15GB memory use on my computer.

The only solution is to completely exit the game.
Computer is an AMD 5900X, 32GB ram, 6900XT.  Game is on a Sata SSD drive. W11.

Thanks. Can you maybe send me an example of a save file that's is doing this for you?

Because I tested it yesterday where I loaded the same save five times and the memory usage stayed the same. But you're right that there is definitely a memory leak in the game, so I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having a similar issue — mine is reflected in how long it takes to load going into tactical and then back into the geoscape window. Starts off fine when I first boot up the game but then each time I go back & forth it takes progressively longer, getting into load times that would be 30 mins+. Restarting the game seems to fix it.