New Player Perspective

So I have never played xenonauts or any of the x-com games or any game similar to xenonauts 2. The only thing I have played that is remotely similar is Red Solstice 2 which is like xenonauts 2 but with different combat mechanics but I digress. As someone who is completely new to this game I will say it is very easy to learn and understand how to play. However I do find it difficult to maintain your operations financially while trying to balance out panic. The reason I brought up RS2 is it has a similar mechanic called infestation. What I think xenonauts 2 needs is more little missions to lower panic as well as some non combat missions for example, you could send a small team via one of troop transports to provide disaster relief or helping locals out and similar stuff along those lines that would last a day or two and provide some funds and lowering local panic. The easiest way would probably allow players to have two transports at the start or make part of the tutorial where you have to build a second transport heli. These are just my view and a potential way to fix the issue of maintaining an operation.

• Like 1

At least on the default difficulty I've had no issues keeping the panic under control, you just need to hunt down the UFOs aggressively before they cause a ton of anomalies. That being said I wouldn't mind having some more mission variety, some of which could lower panic in the sector etc., maybe something like "rescue civilians from alien holding facility" (which would also allow more than three sets of "completed an alien base" stars).

Edited by Novadea

22 hours ago, Spartan046wolf said:

So I have never played xenonauts or any of the x-com games or any game similar to xenonauts 2. The only thing I have played that is remotely similar is Red Solstice 2 which is like xenonauts 2 but with different combat mechanics but I digress. As someone who is completely new to this game I will say it is very easy to learn and understand how to play. However I do find it difficult to maintain your operations financially while trying to balance out panic. The reason I brought up RS2 is it has a similar mechanic called infestation. What I think xenonauts 2 needs is more little missions to lower panic as well as some non combat missions for example, you could send a small team via one of troop transports to provide disaster relief or helping locals out and similar stuff along those lines that would last a day or two and provide some funds and lowering local panic. The easiest way would probably allow players to have two transports at the start or make part of the tutorial where you have to build a second transport heli. These are just my view and a potential way to fix the issue of maintaining an operation.

Thanks for the feedback. Just wondering what difficulty you were playing on? If you played on one of the higher difficulty settings then the starting Panic is actually quite high already.