[1.00 research] no notification when Psyon Interrogation research complete

15 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Savegame is about an hour before the Psyon Interrogation research completes (Day 33, 0200h). But when it completes there's no popup notification saying research complete and prompting me to start researching something else.

user_day_33_manual_save-35.json 399.56 kB · 0 downloads

Ah, yes. This will affect all the interrogations actually. I'll get it fixed for the hotfix.

30 minutes ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Still seems to be happening with live alien interrogations.

Also with the Cleaner Device research.

Sorry, for clarity - is the issue that you don't get a Research Complete popup that has the image and the research text? Or are you talking about the popup afterwards that tells you what new things have been unlocked and suggests you go to the Research screen to pick a new project?

The latter. I don't much care about the Xenopedia entries, but I do want to see "Research finished on <topic>, what would you like to research next?". Several times I've been researching something and it apparently finished (hours? days?) ago and nobody told me anything so my research lab was sitting idle. And there's always too much to research so can't afford to have it idle.

What I'd really-really like to see is the ability to queue research tasks, but I assume that's not the direction you want to go with the game so that's fine.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

The latter. I don't much care about the Xenopedia entries, but I do want to see "Research finished on <topic>, what would you like to research next?". Several times I've been researching something and it apparently finished (hours? days?) ago and nobody told me anything so my research lab was sitting idle. And there's always too much to research so can't afford to have it idle.

What I'd really-really like to see is the ability to queue research tasks, but I assume that's not the direction you want to go with the game so that's fine.

Yeah, I think that's a bug. We've got an option to force it on certain projects even if they don't unlock anything but it's not working for some reason. We'll take a look.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, Chris said:

Ah, yes. This will affect all the interrogations actually. I'll get it fixed for the hotfix.

In v1.06 I research Psyon, got Xenopedia popup, then near-immediately after closing that got the popup about "You have no research project, would you like to assign one?", exactly as it should. So I picked Wraith interrogation, couple days later got the Xenopedia popup for that... but no prompt for next research project. So it's inconsistent.

user_day_76_manual_save-60.json

6 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

In v1.06 I research Psyon, got Xenopedia popup, then near-immediately after closing that got the popup about "You have no research project, would you like to assign one?", exactly as it should. So I picked Wraith interrogation, couple days later got the Xenopedia popup for that... but no prompt for next research project. So it's inconsistent.

user_day_76_manual_save-60.json 479.32 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, the bug we fixed earlier was a different issue. We'll hopefully take a look at the one you've reported in this thread some time this week.