[v17.1 Funding Bug] constant subtracting 128 each second

I am on a bug reporting roll tonight wow....

I have noticed a bug where South American forecasted funding drops by 128 points every second. The rate of drop is consistent regardless of how fast I have set the time flow. Interestingly enough this is also the section where that missing alien bases was present when it disappeared from my save.

I am becoming very certain that this rapid funding drop is very associated with the presence of an Alien Base. The rapid drop moved to a different Continent 'Russia' (went back to older save) and about 1 day later (game time) an Alien Base pops up. This is looking more like design and not a bug, however you can ease your losses by setting time to max speed until the base is revealed, so something does not appear to be operating as intended.

This is definitely bugged. After reloading to a state just before the supposed Alien Base starts the funding drain I notice that the funding loss was then directly tied to my cursor movement. Literally the faster I moved my mouse the faster the funding dropped. If I held the mouse still, no funding dropped.

Edited by SirAstral
More Information

• 2 weeks later...

Right. Got this as well, but the only base(s) that might exist are one in the USA, which has either disappeared or has gone because the save game has corrupted (today's favourite). That doesn't seem to be affected but is the only area that has had a ufo land there.

Is it intentional then? Cause I is just about to go bust if it is, but this is comparable to good ol X-COM/TFTD in that something gets deducted for the presence of alien bases.

Well, I took a couple of days off because I was getting hooked but returned today to scratch the itch.

Anothing thing I've noticed. The cash level now decreases every time I move the mouse. So I can now go bankrupt even quicker!

Gonna go find me some bugs to shoot.

Edit. Went back to a way earlier save and found base. Can't invade it and the game CTDs when you get the mission failed screen, so would think if you get an alien base it's wait/reload/try to destroy everything else time. The landing ships are nice and big and supported by heavy fighters so whoever took one down must have done a good job.

Edited by Dangermouth
Adding 'edit' comment.