Updating gaming platform possibility

Hello, long time no see, I basically zoned out of updates, as they were more infurating than encouraging. Now that I see a probable release in months, I'd like to address one concern.

The thing is, five years delay in a project is something that I think grants some flexibility on your part, in my humble opinion. Things can change drastically in five years, there are sadly some people who supported this game who will not be able to enjoy it, for several reasons. In my personal case, there has been a change in preferences, five years ago I used GoG a lot, so I opted for a GoG key. Now, I've all but abandoned that platform, and this game would be the only reason to install GoG again. Don't you think there should be some room for flexibility, and to allow us to change our options?

I understand that, logistically, it could be something impossible to do, or too costly, but at least, could you maybe take a survey and see if this case is common or rare? I can see that it'd be a disaster if thousands of people would ask for it, but if we're only some dozens, maybe it would be manageable, I don't know.

I wasn't intending to be grouchy, but now that I'm on it, I will add that I only backed the game when you said you were going to implement a system with more stealth and different missions, like in Phantom Doctrine. One of the things that delayed the project so much was that change and then the change back to the classic style. To get another classic XCOM game, I could have waited, I would have bought this on discount, actually. So, you've disappointed me in every possible level as a costumer. I don't really expect compensation for this disappointment, as we all know kickstarter isn't a closed product and everything is subject to change, so I have no legal claim on this, but I think I'd ask, anyway, as just going with it silently will get me nothing, and maybe you'll be ethically compelled to make things better, as I don't really know your company ethics.

Also, I know you're very sorry that I'm disappointed, I don't want words, I want actions, if there aren't going to be any actions, just tell me and I'll fall forever silent again.

22 minutes ago, Alatar said:

Hello, long time no see, I basically zoned out of updates, as they were more infurating than encouraging. Now that I see a probable release in months, I'd like to address one concern.

The thing is, five years delay in a project is something that I think grants some flexibility on your part, in my humble opinion. Things can change drastically in five years, there are sadly some people who supported this game who will not be able to enjoy it, for several reasons. In my personal case, there has been a change in preferences, five years ago I used GoG a lot, so I opted for a GoG key. Now, I've all but abandoned that platform, and this game would be the only reason to install GoG again. Don't you think there should be some room for flexibility, and to allow us to change our options?

I understand that, logistically, it could be something impossible to do, or too costly, but at least, could you maybe take a survey and see if this case is common or rare? I can see that it'd be a disaster if thousands of people would ask for it, but if we're only some dozens, maybe it would be manageable, I don't know.

I wasn't intending to be grouchy, but now that I'm on it, I will add that I only backed the game when you said you were going to implement a system with more stealth and different missions, like in Phantom Doctrine. One of the things that delayed the project so much was that change and then the change back to the classic style. To get another classic XCOM game, I could have waited, I would have bought this on discount, actually. So, you've disappointed me in every possible level as a costumer. I don't really expect compensation for this disappointment, as we all know kickstarter isn't a closed product and everything is subject to change, so I have no legal claim on this, but I think I'd ask, anyway, as just going with it silently will get me nothing, and maybe you'll be ethically compelled to make things better, as I don't really know your company ethics.

Also, I know you're very sorry that I'm disappointed, I don't want words, I want actions, if there aren't going to be any actions, just tell me and I'll fall forever silent again.

If what you're asking for is a Steam key rather than a GOG key, sure. Just drop me a DM with some proof that you're a Kickstarter backer (or just message me on Kickstarter) and I'll send you one.

5 hours ago, Alatar said:

Done that, thank you.

As well as I point out things that make me upset, I'd like to give a thumbs up to a prompt response and nice costumer care, I'm not used to that, sadly.

Thanks!

No problem. I haven't actually got any new messages here or on Kickstarter that I can see though - can you double check you sent it please? I'm also reachable via email (in my sig) if that's easier.