Biome hazards

Hello! Just wanted to share an idea. As a reference i only played xenonauts.

Maybe you could make the biomes strategically relevant by having them have some effects on both soldiers and Aliens.

I.e. Cold and hot biomes May slowly build up Stun damage, unless you are in a Building. Snow reduces TUs.  Lasers May recharge faster in Cold, slower in the warm. Rain May interfere with lasers too. And so on.

I think you should have a briefing before a Mission with these info, but they could add some strategic layers to the game.

• Like 1

It's a good idea. However, the movement speed can be adjusted using the tile properties. As for: the level of lighting, ambient temperature and air humidity (which affect the endurance of soldiers, visibility, accuracy of weapons, etc.), then yes. This will diversify the missions.

I suggest adding the following environmental properties:

illumination (already available now);

temperature (no);

humidity (no).

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply! Yes, i was thinking at something which shouldn't be overwhelming, but still make you Plan your missions and add a layer of meaning to different armors and weapons (and maybe stats). Nothing too Extreme, but that gives the player some meaningfull choices to make. Also, it's something different to most other games of this kind. And, well, It could be something you enable/disable Just like ironman.

But probably It would be too much/too different for most players, don't really know.

Edited by Luca
  • Thanks 1

To prepare for night missions, the game has lighting grenades and incendiary weapons. Similarly, the player can receive special equipment for missions in the north. Or equipment for missions in rainy weather. (You may need to add rain clouds and seasonal temperature fluctuations to the map. Or add rain as a random event when loading a mission.) And rain has a bad effect on the characteristics of energy weapons. Therefore, for the tropics with rains, some types of weapons may be a bad choice.

• Like 1