Game time freezes or invisible aliens

After playing a few ground missions I had a crash and after when I loaded the newest autosave the time was frozen no matter what I did and I could do nothing. The 2nd autosave started me on a ground mission, but all the aliens were invisible. I could still see the icon for spotted aliens, but I could just not see the aliens on the map.

I was playing the version v15.1

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

I see this is your first post, and while we appreciate bug reports, can you please read and in future, follow the sticky on how to post a bug report?

This forum at the moment is very much a place for reporting bugs, and not really as a support forum, but either way I'll help.

What Comrade Mrki said about the time issue is correct, the workaround has been posted here and elsewhere a few times.

Your second issue is a recent but afaik, known bug.

If you load a savegame which puts you directly into the Ground Combat, there's all sorts of issues with the renderer and things not being loaded or initalised correctly. Invisible aliiens is one of them, so is invisible aiming cursors on mouse over.

The workaround for the second one is to simply make a manual save when your Chinook is near the crash site, and if you need to you load that up instead and wait the few seconds for the Chinook to get there again. It makes sure that the Ground Combat loads correctly and you'll experience many less issues that way.

**The game sometimes autosaves before the GroundCombat as well, when the Chinook has got to the crash site, if available, these work fine as they load up the Geoscape first, and wait for you to press Go or Abort before properly loading the Ground Combat**

The workaround for the time freeze seems to be no good for me, because while it does start the clock running again, I always get the same CTD when I start the ground combat mission.

I even tried loading an earlier save instead, shooting down a new UFO in a different location and sending a team there, but it still crashed as it was loading.