Am I missing something?

I ... probably will, actually. It's rare to have a tactical turn based strategy game released on a console, but I'm not sure how that's relevant.

I don't care what his excuse is. This isn't a pity party, especially since he's promised a beta by Oct. 9 and received tens of thousands of kickstarter dollars from fans sight unseen. I'm just pointing out that his game hasn't made much progress and looks like it lacks basic fundamental game mechanics. It's a complete and total mess right now.

Well, it took me ages to download a copy of the Firaxis demo only for 2 minutes of crap, crap gameplay. I was sorely disappointed, tbh. Might get a copy when it goes really cheap, but it's the only game where I've tried to get my soldiers killed so I could end the mission.

Edit. Will go back and give it a 3rd go, but if all I'm shown is one mission, it lacks anything that would draw me in as I'm not interested in playing a video without the 'game' part tagged onto it. Yep, I'm annoyed it was poor.

Edited by Dangermouth
Adding the extra comment .

This post below is very well-reasoned and mature as a response to my criticisms. Thanks very much for taking the time! We will see how things pan out in the following months.

thanks. Nice of you to say. There were a couple of what I laughingly (someone has to) call my attempt at humour in there, so thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended.

Do post as the builds continue to be released. It will be interesting to see how you see the AI and game mechanics evolve (hopefully) as release approaches.