New issue Crashing upon loading

Ok I probably saved too much. It seems like when I hit a ~128 saved games it now crashes when I attempt to load most recent save game. I was also in a Ground combat but it crashes on the autosave also. The autosaves don't overwrite themselves (not sure if there are supposed to) If I go back a couple of saves it is good but the last ones seem to ctd when I try to load them.

Any ideas or insight. I looked and saw a number of discussions but not this specifically.

I also have save game issues. I encounter this even in early game. When I load a bad savegame or autosave it comes up and works except the timer is stuck. Hitting unpause or any of the speeds does nothing. But if I go back far enough on saves then game loads normally with the time working properly.

Yeah, there's known issue with savegames breaking come 1st October 1979 onwards.

Some work, some don't.

There's also a few other known issues, such as saving (and exiting) when having a transport plane on the map will cause the game to CTD on loading once said plane reaches its destination. Honestly, a good place to start is to look at the V12 Master Bug Thread, some have been fixed, but there's still quite a few known long standing ones.

Hey guys,

Played the demo alot then got the Premium Alpha. Great game but I am having this problem with about 2/3 of saves corrupt ( I made 20+ for first month as backups) that just CTD when I try to load them.

I have been using the start a new game then place base and load trick and have been able to load a few saves from september this way. Everything beyond 1st October (Game time) is totally broken for me (5+ saves over about 4 days in game).

Would trying the standalone files mentioned in the other posts help? I am loading from Desura, vi 5.1 (21st Sept) but thought I might try anything else in case there is a more stable version for this problem.

With other random CTDs going on its difficult to progress/play the game. Especially with autosaves broken as well. I might try iron man mode to see if that works better.

Thanks for great game, know the beta is coming so maybe I just have to hang on a few more days and all will be resolved. Can post saves or logs if you need for debug.